All of our patients have a comprehensive exam that includes:
- Oral cancer screening
- Digital x-rays
- Intra-oral camera exam
- Cavity detection
- Periodontal (gum) exam
- Cosmetic consultation
- TMJ exam
Dental Hygiene Treatment
We recommend that all of our patients visit twice a year for a thorough exam and cleaning. During your regular exam, we will take x-rays and examine your teeth with an intra-oral camera to detect any cavities, decay, failing restorations or other problems. Then we will clean your teeth and provide oral hygiene instruction. When necessary, we will do a deep cleaning with the Cavitron, a tool that uses high frequency ultrasonic waves to gently clean teeth – removing tartar above and below the gum line. You’ll leave our office feeling and looking great!
Tooth Sensitivity Treatment
Do you avoid ice cream or cold drinks because of tooth sensitivity? Just mention it to us at your regular visit. We offer treatment that relieves tooth sensitivity and frees you to eat and drink without pain!
Gum Disease Treatment
Your gums will be examined at every visit for any signs of periodontal disease. We have long known that gum disease can lead to tooth loss. However, recent studies have linked the bacteria associated with gum disease to an increased risk of cancers, stroke, heart attacks, pregnancy complications and more.
If we find evidence of gum disease, we offer a variety of gentle, effective therapies to treat and even reverse the disease. We will provide gentle deep gum cleaning with the Cavitron, removing tartar above and below the gum line. If appropriate, we will treat the gums with Arestin, a topical antibiotic that kills periodontal bacteria and promotes the reattachment of gum tissue to tooth roots.
For those patients who experience fear or anxiety when visiting the dentist, we offer a variety of options for sedation dentistry.
Sleep Apnea Treatment
If you snore at night, we may be able to help you and your significant other sleep better. At Avery & Meadows, we offer oral appliance therapy for snoring. Snoring can be caused by a narrowing of the airway. These appliances open the airway to facilitate better breathing, helping you get a good nights’ rest. We will work with your physician to ensure that your treatment is coordinated. Ask about our snoring treatment today!
Root Canal Treatment
Root canal therapy is recommended when a tooth is severely damaged or decayed and there is no other treatment alternative. With today’s modern dental technology, root canal therapies are painless. A root canal is a dental procedure targeted specifically at the pulp of the tooth. When a tooth is severely damaged or decayed, bacteria can get down into the pulp and roots of the tooth, causing infection. Root canal therapy cleans out the tooth canals, removing the pulp, nerves and other tissues, as well as any infection. The hollowed-out area is then thoroughly cleaned, filled with a biocompatible material and sealed. Finally, a crown is placed over the entire tooth to protect the fragile tooth from further damage.
Children’s Dental Care
We welcome children from the age of 3 and up! From regular checkups, cleanings and fluoride treatments to protective sealants for molars and sports mouthguards that protect against injury, we offer comprehensive care for the smallest of smiles.
Emergency Dental Clinic
If you experience a dental emergency during office hours, call the office and we will get you in as soon as possible. If you experience an emergency after hours or on the weekend, the doctors can be reached via cell phone. Simply call the office and you will be given the number to call.
What Our Clients Say
- Great place, great people, very professional and clean. Have been my dentist family for the last 7 years.Jeremy Hampton
- Dr. Page and Kelly, the hygienist, were very kind and knowledgeable. The office is very nice and spacious. They have good technological equipment - panoramic machine, ultra-sonic cleaner and the regular water and suction tubes! It was a very pleasant experience and I highly recommend their offices! Thank you!Jeff Suz
- Everyone in this dental practice is so kind and friendly. I’ve been a patient there for almost 20 years and have always been treated well.William Schultz
- Dr. Avery is super nice, and genuinely cares about his patients. His assistant was very helpful and knows her stuff. I am very happy with all of my dental work and heaven knows it has been extensive over the years. I am 80 and still have most of my original teeth, thanks to their great dental work.Dawn Raught
- First time patient and I am so pleased. Everyone is friendly, caring, knowledgeable and professional. They obviously care about dental health. Mary the dental hygienist is relatable and she explains what is going on - very kind. Desiree really cares about comfort - she is great! Dr. Daves is a delight - calm, thorough and thoughtful. I am definitely a patient for life.Laura Terry
- Dr. Page worked me into his busy schedule to help with a chipped tooth. He did a thorough inspection and made sure I didn’t need a root canal. He worked in a quick fix and got me scheduled with his associate Dr. Daves so I could be seen sooner for the permanent fix. The dental assistants were helpful and nice. Highly recommend!Caitlin Bond
- Love this office! Very nicely decorated to start with. Everyone is very nice & professional, right on time. Answered all of my questions & concerns. I’ve never dreaded the dentist like some but if you do I would go here. They can change around your whole dental experience.Jenner Johnson