New Pre-Screening Questions and Requirements
When we call to confirm your appointment 48 hours before your scheduled visit, you’ll be asked a series of pre-screening questions about your health. Some of the questions might include:
- Have you felt feverish within the past 14 to 21 days?
- Are you experiencing shortness of breath or breathing problems?
- Do you have a cough?
- Have you experienced any other flu-like symptoms such as an upset stomach, headache, or fatigue?
- Have you had a recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 positive patient? (Patients who feel well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should consider postponing elective treatment.)
- Are you over the age of 60?
- Do you have heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes, or any auto-immune disorders?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days to any regions affected by COVID-19?
You will be asked these same questions when you come to our Memphis dental office for your scheduled appointment.
It’s Time for My Appointment. What Can I Expect?
When you arrive for your visit, we ask that you wait in your car and call us to let us know that you’ve arrived. At this time, we may ask you some additional health questions to further our pre-screening efforts. Our friendly team will then meet you at the front door before checking your temperature.
Once completed, we’ll escort you to your exam room. Due to social distancing regulations and other safety concerns, there will be no time spent in the waiting area. You’ll be asked to wash your hands and use an antibacterial rinse for your mouth. Appointment lengths should stay the same, however, as we’ll be seeing fewer patients than normal for the time being. Once your treatment is complete, you’ll be given a mask to wear out of the exam room.
Sterilization and Disinfection
Each of our exam rooms will continue to be sprayed down with a proper disinfectant, wiped clean, and sprayed again following each patient’s appointment. Every piece of equipment will be wrapped in plastic, and chair handles, computers, x-ray tools, and more will be wiped down and disinfected. All dental tools will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized in our autoclave.
You’ll probably notice that our entire clinical team will look a little different. They may be wearing any of the following gear based on your type of treatment:
- Outer lab jackets and/or gowns
- N95 masks
- Level 3 face masks
- Face shields
- Safety goggles
Please bear in mind that as things seem to change almost daily or weekly, some of these guidelines and procedures might need to be changed too. We’ll continue to keep you updated and informed about anything new you can expect from our dental office in Memphis. Please know that every day our door is open, we’re 100 percent committed to providing you and your family with dental care that’s safe and comfortable. We appreciate your continued patience and support during these trying times. We hope that you and your family stay safe and healthy.
If you have any questions or feel concerned about coming to the office, we hope that you’ll reach out to us online to give us a call at (901) 452-0040.
What Our Clients Say
- Great place, great people, very professional and clean. Have been my dentist family for the last 7 years.Jeremy Hampton
- Dr. Page and Kelly, the hygienist, were very kind and knowledgeable. The office is very nice and spacious. They have good technological equipment - panoramic machine, ultra-sonic cleaner and the regular water and suction tubes! It was a very pleasant experience and I highly recommend their offices! Thank you!Jeff Suz
- Everyone in this dental practice is so kind and friendly. I’ve been a patient there for almost 20 years and have always been treated well.William Schultz
- Dr. Avery is super nice, and genuinely cares about his patients. His assistant was very helpful and knows her stuff. I am very happy with all of my dental work and heaven knows it has been extensive over the years. I am 80 and still have most of my original teeth, thanks to their great dental work.Dawn Raught
- First time patient and I am so pleased. Everyone is friendly, caring, knowledgeable and professional. They obviously care about dental health. Mary the dental hygienist is relatable and she explains what is going on - very kind. Desiree really cares about comfort - she is great! Dr. Daves is a delight - calm, thorough and thoughtful. I am definitely a patient for life.Laura Terry
- Dr. Page worked me into his busy schedule to help with a chipped tooth. He did a thorough inspection and made sure I didn’t need a root canal. He worked in a quick fix and got me scheduled with his associate Dr. Daves so I could be seen sooner for the permanent fix. The dental assistants were helpful and nice. Highly recommend!Caitlin Bond
- Love this office! Very nicely decorated to start with. Everyone is very nice & professional, right on time. Answered all of my questions & concerns. I’ve never dreaded the dentist like some but if you do I would go here. They can change around your whole dental experience.Jenner Johnson